Thursday, January 8, 2009

SLINKYS




I do remember … I was setting here looking at my super, neat, new, flat screen monitor, which was a Birthday/Christmas gift from my brother this year. What a great, great gift.
Then I remembered one of the worst gifts I ever received for Christmas.
No, it wasn’t a sweater with Santa Claus on it. Nor was it a bunch of underwear.
There may have been worst gifts but the one I remember as the worst gift I received when I was a kid, was the SLINKY.
Yes, I still think that the SLINKY was one of the dumbest toys ever made. We lived in one story house so we didn’t have any place that had more then one step.
What fun, a Slinky and one step. WOW.
I know, I know, the SLINKY is one of the top, toy icons from the nineteen fifties, a dumb gift, toy. Yep, dumb toy.
Although the Slinky was invented in the late nineteen forties, the lame toy
came into it’s own in the early fifties. That was my good luck and I received a Slinky for Christmas one year.
My flat screen is a much better Christmas gift.
I do remember…

1 comment:

Grandma Nadine said...

Even if you did have steps for your Slinky, on about the third trip down the stairs, the Slinky would tangle. As carefully as you would try to untangle it, the Slinky would be sprung and never the same again.